STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM for K – 12 Students
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM NOW
ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES and APPLICATION PROCEDURES
This music education program was established to provide music scholarships for K-12th grade students. It is funded primarily through endowments provided by individuals and businesses in our community who recognize the need to further enhance children’s educational needs.
TO APPLY: Applications may be obtained from the Foundation by calling (850) 893-8782, or downloading the form online ONLY during the month of MAY.
AGE QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must be between the age of 5 and 17 for K – 12th grade scholarships.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 31
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD: After the SEF Board makes a decision regarding scholarship recipients, award letters and acceptance forms will be mailed by July 15t. Failure to return the acceptance form by August 1 may result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
PAYMENT OF AWARD: The Board will disburse funds each academic term to the Foundation’s approved providers, after verification of enrollment. Merit recipients will be awarded scholarships for 50% of the provider’s tuition. Guidelines are provided to each merit recipient, which allows the recipient the opportunity to increase the percentage received.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully and adhere to the deadline set by the Board of Directors of STUBBS’ EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION ( SEF ). Application materials received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Submit the following materials:
- A handwritten essay by the applicant.
- Letter of recommendation. If you are currently enrolled in a music program, the letter should be written by your teacher who can discuss your potential for future success. If you are not currently enrolled, you may have an individual who has worked closely with you (e.g., a school teacher, pastor, coach, employer, etc.) comment on your personal achievement and your potential for success in music.
- Completed Application (Application will be ready for download during the month of May.)
- Copy of the completed 1040 Tax Return (Joint or Individual) if applying for financial need based scholarship.
- Contingent upon funding, scholarships, except the Mitchell Scholarship, are renewable for up to six years, provided the recipient is making satisfactory progress and meets minimum performance requirements. Students previously awarded scholarships will be given preference.
- Scholarship recipients must have, and maintain, a minimum level of evaluative performance each term. The instructor will recommend at the end of each term if the scholarship should be renewed for the next term.
- Applicants for financial need-based scholarships must provide appropriate tax materials for each academic year in which they desire the scholarship. See financial formula on next page. A minimum of 70% of scholarships go to financial need based students.
- ALL scholarship recipients must notify the Foundation of their intent to continue by August 1.
- Alternative award recipients of a scholarship must meet all minimum eligibility requirements at the time of the award in order to receive a forfeited scholarship.
- The Board of Directors has specified that the Scholarship Application Review Committee will review the applications without knowing the name of the applicant or his/her sponsor. This will provide as fair a review process as possible.